Sunday, May 18, 2008

Seriously.

This stuff is THE SHIT.

I only ordered it (click on the picture to see where I ordered it from) to make a minimum, but I had no idea it was going to resolve Puppy's longstanding hairball problem.

Puppy's got long, fluffy hair. The kind of hair that, released in midair, simply hangs there. Coon heritage. As soon as it starts getting warm, Puppy's shedding... which also means that he's puking. Honeygirl, short-haired, will produce a hairball perhaps once a week, whereas Puppy can yell monsters out twice a day. One day Honeygirl let loose right between my feet as I lay sleeping (so much for that) in bed. As I staggered around removing sheets from my bed, I saw that Puppy had similarly evacuated onto my chair.

The hairballs were a problem. I fed Puppy Petromalt 4 times a week, & the only change was that his hairballs became Petromalt-colored.

I had taken to trimming Puppy's hair with scissors, since there was no way I was getting near him with a buzzer, so he would walk around covered with rat bite --- & still there would be daily hairpuke to clean up. Brushing didn't help at all either --- Puppy had more hair to remove via brush than he was willing to sit still for, & Puppy's generally a very obedient boy.

So when the Brewer's Yeart supplement arrived, I started adding the crushed tablets to both cats' meals. They didn't care for it at first, but have since become resigned.

Within a week there were no more hairballs. Puppy hasn't thrown up since. The tumbleweeds of cat hair that used to adorn every upright surface adjacent to my floor are... gone. It's like a miracle.

This has to be the best $10.99 I've spent in a long time. Turns out Brewer's Yeast is also used as a supplement among humans to aid with the uptake of B vitamins (hey!) as well as stave off mosquitoes & other parasitic bugs.

Hm. Thinking about it. If I yack up a hairball you can bet I'll be eating that stuff every day.

In other news, I got a fucking speeding ticket the other night. The cop was a real dick about it, too; it was like he was there to prove my HPD comments in the last post right. Jacob Miyashiro. When I asked another of my cop friends about him, the first thing he said was, "Yeah, that guy is a dick."

My safety check is due this month.

4 comments:

Jason said...

super random. i got pulled over by the same cop and he was a complete dick so i figured i'd google him for shits and giggles and this blog came up. at least he's consistent. i'm going to dispute the ticket (excessive noise). aloha.

Lauren said...

That's hilarious! Heh, thanks for letting me know I am not alone! =)

Jason said...

Just as a follow up: apparently he wrote down a bunch of information on the ticket after he gave me my copy so the judge didn't even give me time to explain, ruled in favor of the State, and now I'm out $105. . . Know anywhere with a good happy hour and cheap drinks? =P

Lauren said...

Yikes, that guy is determined to pick on hapless citizens!

I believe Martini Zoo (the old Slammers, on Kalakaua) is celebrating its One Year anniversary today & I saw a picture of a suckling pig... I would head over there. =) Kalei throws good parties!