Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Little Visit To Anna's

There's a chances some of you may not know Eric.

Eric is identified on my phone as "Jukebox Hero." This is partly because I have other Erics on my phone list & an appellative ID becomes necessary, & partly because Eric can do Foreigner like no other in our bar. He's also my indispensable source of "Cara Mia," but Jay & The Americans is just too long & frankly "Cara Mia" would make me think of Gomez & Morticia. By the way, his pitch is better than that linked video.

(Pictured above, Anna's veteran & Guinness drinker Porter doing sound, & Peter Bond of Hat Makes The Man, Spiny Norman, & Island Guitars fame.)

Eric, however, does not sing in his band, named Stone Jones (uh oh) for lead singer Rob Jones; he plays bass while childhood friend Rob plays guitar & sings. They were playing "Cat Scratch Fever" as Terrence & I approached the building, & that was pretty much the only song I recognized; Stone Jones is a mostly originals act. Fun times!

No comments: