Saturday, April 26, 2008

Plumb.

I find new music in all kinds of ways.

A couple of weeks ago I was shopping in Longs & was arrested by the overhead music. I ended up stopping under a speaker & memorizing some lyrics, which I then Googled when I got home.

And so I discovered Christian/Rock/Dance singer Plumb, mother of 3 in Nashville. Her voice makes me think of Amy Lee channeling Sarah McLachlan. Naturally, I bought her current CD, Blink, which contained another very likeable song, "Always." The video here is for "In My Arms," which first caught my ear in Longs, but the images there are from some video put together by a fan. Looks like an interesting show though.

The rest of the songs on Blink were nice, but this is a 2-song CD for me.

At her MySpace I listened to another song from an earlier CD, "Cut." Unlike the majority of her songs on Blink which are obviously sung to her kids, "Cut" is apparently about self abuse. Her vocals are quite haunting; the CD (Chaotic Resolve) arrived today. Chaotic Resolve was a great first listen pretty much in its entirety. It's high energy, strong vocals girl stuff; I especially liked "Real Life Fairytale."

At right is the official video for "Cut." A little lacking in volume, but you can turn it up.

In other news, my remastered copy of Avalon arrived, & is not only remastered... it's a hybrid SACD! Quite frankly, though, it doesn't sound anywhere near as good as my 30th Anniversary Dark Side of the Moon. Well, I suppose there are CDs & then there are CDs. If the original AAD was shitty enough, I don't imagine anyone could remaster it sufficient to make it sound like magic. Ah, Bryan Ferry. I love him. I need better speakers.

And then my Fiction Plane arrived as well. This is Sting's son's band, & Cathy & I saw them opening at that epic concert in February. I haven't opened this one yet; you can't rush music listening.

I guess they kinda sound like The Police. Joe Sumner definitely sounds like his dad.

I'm just kicking myself over & over again because I can't believe I missed the Lifehouse show at Pipeline. Dammit dammit dammit. I just plain old forgot. Someone please kick my ass.

No comments: