Thursday, April 24, 2008

Oh, it's peculiar

Heh, apparently it's my birthday, according to the message I got at 12:30 tonight from Lisa & some others.

Blogchex went down without warning a few days ago. I shoulda known. I totally shoulda known. Chavvon Smith had reassured me by email that my blog was safe, but this was when I got nervous because Blogchex had been in Alpha for over a year. Did I back up any of my stuff? No. Should I have known? Yes. Am I an idiot? Screw you. Yes.


Maybe it's a message. I just deleted my MySpace last month. All those carefully accumulated self-aggrandizing bits of data, gone. I didn't even bother to take a look at what I would be depriving the world of. But The Long Way Home... oh, my literary masterpieces of sarcasm & wit! Gone, Daddy, gone! I'll have to find a new place to justify my existence now.

Maybe Blogger is safe. You think?

4 comments:

Bert said...

Hey you...Happy Birthday!

Bert.

Unknown said...

Uuummm. So were your blogs safe? Don't tell me they flew off into cyberspace!?!? NOOOO!!!!

Unknown said...

I am SOOOOO not down with that.

Lauren said...

It would appear that anything I wrote on Blogchex is gone. It's my fault though... I shoulda seen it coming. I had a year's warning.